Tuesday, August 08, 2006

BIRDS LIKE BROTHERS

...i guess it's just that birds
tend to fly the same way that
the mind thinks...

darting and dashing
through the grass
until a branch appears
finally worthy of perching upon.

it's a strange mix...
random and yet deliberate
at the same time...both predisposed
and unintentional.

as though
the body and the mind
had no use for one another.

i must be thinking of jon,
my older brother
who has spoken to me
of several girls at once.

"one for lust and one for love." were
the words he chose to describe to me.

the situation he was in, the means
justifing the time being.

shaking my head inefficiently
across the wires of a telephone
a gust of wind catches a tree.

and as for me...i'm left
once again in the middle, 'cause
i'm always in the middle..."jon,"
i say...in a tone
only spoken between

those known forever.

"if one's for love..," and if
you're my brother...

"then lust can never exist."

and i was right....and he knew it
and we were all of a sudden close again.

No comments: